So many things happening here at Design Thoughts Interiors!!! As I reflect back on almost a year ago, when I decided to go out on my own, and start this amazing “Business owner, mama, wife” journey, I had no idea I would be so blessed with amazing clients, and a business that is growing at a perfect rate for me and my family!!
I was a little sad when I started to find myself overwhelmed by the thought of doing it all, then I remembered, and continue to remember, that I get to decide!! I get to decide how much time I spend with my quickly growing almost kindergartner, my sweet business and my husband. Its been a year of adjustments, and I am happy to say, right now in this specific moment, I am feeling adjusted!! ( I’m not naive to the fact that this WILL change, and I welcome it!!). I am excited to get back to blogging a little more, and completing more projects around our house. The projects have been TOTALLY put on hold as I began my business, but now I am ready to start again!! Which brings me to my LIST!!!
Here are the things in our Nashville house that I still want to tackle…some little some bigger, all to create the peaceful space I am dreaming of!!
- Larger rug for living room ( the one I received from Lamps plus last year, is too little for our over sized furniture)
- Figure out front porch greenery! ( I finally have the pots, now to decide what goes in them)
- Re-paint small nook in hallway and purchase more white ceramics
- Hang all photos/pictures in our bedroom
- Rug for our bedroom
- Window treatments for our bedroom, kitchen, and fireplace room!
- Wall treatment for fireplace room paneling! ugh! thanks to Lan,a of Making A house a home, that suggested peel and stick wallpaper! ( hitting my hand on head while saying..OF COURSE!!!)
- Paint runner in hallway ( yes, paint)
- Add low solid shelves ( would love to find old shelves like from sunday school when I was a kid, hard wood cubbies!) and seperate play room so I have a bigger office!!
- Change light in Dining room/hallway
- Work on back porch area with ( new seating, new rug, new curtains)
Lots to do, and those are just phase one!! What I would love to start on right away, id the play room office conversion. I need MORE space as my client list grows, and right now I am in a small built in dark space that faces a wall. The EXACT opposite of what I need or want!!!
I hope it will be something like this:
I found this folding shelf on Wayfair, and its perfect except for the rollers, we could prob. take them off, but what I am hoping for, is a piece with a story, would love to find an old church or library storage piece at the flea market! So that’s what I am holding out for!!!
Excited to get started!!
So Stay tuned!!